1-day Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain Tour
Tour Code: ZTG-Z-17 , Tour Type: Private Tour
Join this unique adventure day tour to ride the world’s longest cable car from Zhangjiajie city center directly up to the famous Tianmen Mountain. On the mountain, admire peculiar sandstone peaks and feel your adrenaline pumping while walking on the suspended glass walkway at over 1,400-meter high.
- Departure: Any day you want
- Reply: Within 0.5~23.5 hrs.
Our Advantages & Promise
- One-on-one travel consultant service.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Western style service standard
Activities for today: Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park
09:00 a.m. our guide will meet you at your hotel in Zhangjiajie downtown (Yongding district). Then drive to enjoy a full day tour of Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park. Around 16:00 p.m. Head back to your hotel.
Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park
Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, commonly called Tianmen Mountain, is characterized by huge limestone mountain tablelands with sheer cliffs and jagged peaks clothed in verdure. Although Tianmen Mountain lacks the freestanding obelisks of Zhangjiajie, this place is striking in its beauty and grandeur. Tianmen Mountain is the highest peak of Zhangjiajie city and is regarded as the ‘soul’ of the scenic area. Tianmen Mountain known for its “five wonders” – Tianmen Mountain Cableway, Avenue to the Sky, Tianmen Cave, Glass Walkway, and Mountain Plateau Virgin Forest.
Tianmen Mountain Cableway
Tianmen Mountain Cableway is the longest cableway in the world. Spans of the cableway are up to 500 meters! In some places, the road rises steeply at an angle of 70º, suddenly crashing straight into the clouds. An unforgettable experience!
Avenue to the Sky
You can go down from the mountain by bus over the road “Avenue to the Sky” (Tongtian Avenue) with 99 sharp turns that snakes up Tianmen Mountain. The name of the road is not an exaggeration, it’s one of the most impressive mountain roads in the world. The serpentine length is about 11 kilometers, but the elevation rises rapidly from 200 meters to 1300 meters. The road is so popular that some people consider it as the main attraction of the park.
Tianmen Cave (aka Gate to the Heaven) is the world’s highest cave of its kind. It was formed naturally as a result of soil erosion. It’s alleged that in the year of 263, a large chunk of the mountain just fell off, creating a huge cavity (131.5 m height, 57 m width and 60 m long). Сloud capped “Heaven’s Gate” is impressive. There is a feeling that after passed through the gates you’ll find yourself in heaven.
The Glass Sky Walk is part of the 'Coiling Dragon Cliff' walkway, and is the highest section. The skywalk is 60 meters long, with a width of 1.6 meters. It turns around the side of the sheer cliff face of Tianmen Mountain. For those immune to the terror of a vertical drop, it's a perfect photo
Tianmen Mountain Temple
Tianmen Mountain Temple was built during the Tang Dynasty as the center of Buddhism in the western Hunan. The modern church is a reconstruction of the original temple on an area of over 10,000 square meters. The temple is located in a mountain hollow with a broad overview. If you look at the temple from the south-east, the surrounding hills seem to be so small that the temple looks like a lord – the son of the sky. This temple is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Hunan Province.
Ghost Plank Road
It is famous for its hanging along the cliff line of the Ghost Cave. The length of the path is 1,600m with an average elevation of 1400 m. The path starts from Yihong pass and ends at small Tianmen Gate. The path is different with others as it is not located neither on the top of the cliff, nor the side of the cliff, but in the middle of bottomless cliff, giving tourists a feeling of excitement and surprise.
Tianmen CaveView of the Heaven-Linking Avenue from a cable carGlass Walkway in Tianmen MountainTianmen MountainTianmen MountainTianmen Mountain in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
Price Details & Inclusions of this Trip
- Entrance fees:
- To scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary.
- Private Transfers:
- Between hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Zhangjiajie by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- As outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes.
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry / Exit Airfare or train tickets..
- Visa Fees; Trip Insurance; Credit Card Processing Fee;.
- Excess Baggage Charges:
- For checked luggage: Adult and children are entitled to a free checked baggage allowance in economy class of 20kg / 44. The size limit for each piece is 40x60x 100cmor 15.7x 23.6x 39.4 inches. For carry-on luggage: each economy class passenger is allowed one piece of 5kg / 11 lbs. The size limit for each piece is 20 x 40 x 55cm or 7.8 x 15.7 x 21.6 inches.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities and sightseeing.
- Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L" or "D".
- Your arrangement.
- Gratuities to guides or drivers.