9-day Shanghai Zhangjiajie Fenghuang Tour
Tour Code: ZTG-L-04 , Tour Type: Private Tour
On this tour, you will explore the hustle and bustle of Shanghai, visit the great mountains of Zhangjiajie that have been drawing eye balls of tourists from every corner of the world for their beautiful karst scenery, discover the unique stilted houses in the lovely Fenghuang Old Town.
- Departure: Any day you want
- Reply: Within 0.5~23.5 hrs.
Our Advantages & Promise
- One-on-one travel consultant service.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Western style service standard
DAY 1 Shanghai Arrival
Transfer via: flight – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer, the Bund, Nanjing Road, acrobatics show
Meet your guide and have a Shanghai city tour of the Bund and Nanjing Road. After dinner, enjoy wonderful acrobatics show.
The BundNanjing RoadAcrobatics Show
DAY 2 Shanghai
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Cruise on Huangpu River, Yu Garden, Tianzifang Old Street, Jiangnan Silk Workshop
Today guide tour to visit the Oriental Pearl TV Tower where has best viewing spot of Shanghai located by the Huangpu River with 468 meters high, and then we will take a cruise on Huangpu River to see the view of Shanghai city. In the afternoon, guide tour to visit the Yu Garden. The garden used to be a private garden with 400 years' history; it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta. After that, have a free walk on the Tianzifang Old Street to see local Shanghai People’s lifestyle. Today's tour ends at the Jiangnan Silk Workshop. It is not only a place to sell silk products but also demonstrates the whole process of silk producing which is very impressive.Oriental Pearl TV TowerYu Garden Charming Landscape Shanghai ChinaTianzifang Old Street Shanghai
DAY 3 Shanghai/Zhangjiajie
Transfer via: flight - our arrangement
Activities for today: airport transfer (Shanghai, Zhangjiajie)
After breakfast, you will be escorted to the airport for the flight to Zhangjiajie. Upon arrival at Zhangjiajie Hehua Airport, meet your Zhangjiajie local guide and transfer to the hotel check in. The rest of the day is your free time to do some independent exploration.
DAY 4 Zhangjiajie/Wulingyuan
In the morning, meet the guide and drive to the Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, where you will experience a ride on the world’s longest cable car up to the summit of the mountain. You will take a hiking (approximately 2 hours) on the Plank Road alongside the Guigu Cliffs. After hiking, you will pay a visit to the Tianmen Temple, and then you may choose to walk back to or take the Forest sightseeing cable car and back to the Tianmen Cable car station, and take the big cable car down to the middle station, you will take a bus through the Heaven-Linking Avenue to explore the Tianmen Cave. After lunch, drive to Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Area to explore the Yellow Dragon Cave.
Tianmen MountainTianmen MountainYellow Dragon Cave
DAY 5 Wulingyuan
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Yellow Stone Village, Golden Whip Stream, Baofeng Lake
In the morning, you will meet the guide and drive to take a cable car to Huangshizhai (Yellow Stone Village Village) and be taken on a 2 hours hiking on the mountain. After lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, proceed to the Golden Whip Stream. You will have a leisure hiking about 2.5 hours. During the hiking, you will see the beautiful Shadao Valley. Then proceed to hike about 1 hour through a grand valley (Baizhangxia) to enjoy an interesting cruise on the sleepy Baofeng Lake.Yellow Stone VillageGolden Whip StreamBaofeng Lake
DAY 6 Wulingyuan
Transfer via: Bailong Elevator, Yuanjiajie, Yangjiajie, Tianzimountain, Wulongzhai, Ten-mile Natural Gallery
Activities for today: Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
Today you will then ascend the Yuanjiajie Mountain taking the Bailong Elevator – a glass elevator built into the side of the mountain. On the summit, you will take about 2.5 hours hiking to discover the Pillar of the Southern sky. It was used to inspiration for the famous “Hallelujah Mountains” seen in the Blockbuster movie, Avatar.
Proceed to the Fascinate Platform (Mihuntai) to enjoy the nearby peak views and then walk across the No. 1 Bridge under Heaven. During the tour, you will pay a visit to the Wulongzhai, Tianbofu (Tianbo Mansion), Bailipo, Yibudengtian (One Step to Heaven), Kongzhongzoulang (Air Corridor). Climb up the Tianzi Mountain. Visit some spots in the Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve, including Shentang Gully, Helong Park, Emperor Brush Pen Peak and trail down to the Tianzi Pagoda, Yueliangya, Wolongling. After that, take a cable car down the mountain to explore the dreamlike fairyland – 10-mile Natural Gallery.Avatar Hallelujah MountainOne Step to the HeavenThe Tianbo Mansion at Yangjiajie Scenic Area
DAY 7 Zhangjiajie/Furong Town/Fenghuang
Activities for today: Furong Old Town, Fenghuang Old Town
After breakfast, drive about 2 hours (100km) to Furong Town (aka Hibiscus Town) and then leisure walk about 1.5-2 hours in the old town to explore the history, culture and customs of Tujia people and the Xizhou Tujia Folk Customs Museum. After lunch for 1 hour, drive about 3.5 hours to your hotel in Fenghuang Old Town. Check in a hotel nearby the Tuo River.Fenghuang Old TownFenghuang Old TownFenghuang night view
DAY 8 Fenghuang/Zhangjiajie
Transfer via: private car
Activities for today: Fenghuang Old Town, baoting on Tuo River, Junsheng Sandstone Painting Gallery
In the morning, enjoy sightseeing in Fenghuang Old Town and take a rafting on the Tuo River about 15 minutes. In the afternoon, drive about 4.5 hours to Zhangjiajie, visit the Junsheng Sandstone Painting Gallery, and then drive to your hotel in Zhangjiajie City.The Miao Ethnic vendors in Fenghuang Old TownGirls in Traditional Miao Costume in Fenghuang Old TownFenghuang Old Town
DAY 9 Zhangjaijie Exit
Transfer via: flight – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer (Zhangjiajie)
Your vacation adventure ends today. Fly your next destination anytime; a transfer is included from the hotel to Zhangjiajie Hehua Airport. Please allow 2 hours for airport check-in formalities. We wish you a safe and pleasant journey home.
Price Details & Inclusions of this Trip
- Entrance fees:
- To scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. "B" stands for Chinese or western breakfast at your hotel. "L" for Chinese Lunch at local Chinese restaurant. "D" for Chinese dinner at local Chinese restaurant. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Zhangjiajie by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- As outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Service includes standard rooms for your tour group.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes.
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry / Exit Airfare or train tickets..
- Visa Fees; Trip Insurance; Credit Card Processing Fee;.
- Excess Baggage Charges:
- For checked luggage: Adult and children are entitled to a free checked baggage allowance in economy class of 20kg / 44. The size limit for each piece is 40x60x 100cmor 15.7x 23.6x 39.4 inches. For carry-on luggage: each economy class passenger is allowed one piece of 5kg / 11 lbs. The size limit for each piece is 20 x 40 x 55cm or 7.8 x 15.7 x 21.6 inches.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities and sightseeing.
- Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L" or "D".
- Gratuities to guides or drivers.